Terms & Conditions
1. In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context or subject matter otherwise require:
Claim means a claim, demand, remedy, suit, injury, damage, loss, cost, liability, action, proceeding, right of action, claim for compensation or reimbursement or liability incurred by or to be made or recovered by or against Property and Legal Pty Ltd, however arising and whether ascertained or unascertained, or immediate, future or contingent;
Intellectual Property means and includes all copyright and related Rights, all Rights in relation to inventions (including patents and patent Rights), all registered and unregistered trademarks Rights, all Rights relating to registered designs, all circuit layout rights, and all other Rights resulting from intellectual activity in the artistic, literary or scientific fields excluding any moral attribution Rights;
Obligation means any express or implied legal, equitable, contractual, statutory or other obligation, agreement, covenant, commitment, duty, undertaking or liability;
Personal Information has the definition attributed to it under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth);
Right means any legal, equitable, contractual, statutory or other right, power, authority, benefit, privilege, remedy, discretion or cause of action;
Property and (&) Legal (“we”, “our”, “us”) means Property and Legal Pty Ltd ACN 121 926 565 as trustee;
Terms and Conditions means the terms and conditions set out in this document;
Website means the domain name www.propertyandlegal.com.au and any sub-domains; and
You/Your means the person or entity who has viewed or utilised the Website in any manner.
2. When You view, submit information or in any other way engage or interact with the Website, You acknowledge that:
(a) we are allowing You access to our Website on the express basis that these Terms and Conditions will apply and would not have otherwise consented to Your access.
(b) we reserve the right to change, modify or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without any other form of notice. If we are of the belief that any change to our Terms and Conditions will materially affect You, we will provide a notice on our Website of the change(s) that have occurred.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
4. Any Intellectual Property contained on our Website remains our property and you may only peruse it on the Website and must not use it for any other purpose.
5. All documents, information systems and know how provided to or disclosed to You by us must be treated as confidential by You and You warrant not to lend, copy, use, dispose of or sell such documents, information systems or know-how without our prior written consent.
6. You must not use any part of the Intellectual Property in creating another document or website.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
7. We expressly disclaim, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all express, implied and statutory warranties.
8. You fully indemnify and hold Property and Legal harmless from any Claim arising out of Your access to or use of this Website including (but not limited to) to the following:
(a) any error, omission or loss of confidentiality arising from electronic communication;
(b) any unauthorised copying, recording or interference with Goods;
(c) any damage caused to your system or files as a result of electronic transmission (this includes by computer viruses).
9. Without limiting any other clause in these Terms and Conditions, we will not, without Your consent, use Your Personal Information in a way that breaches the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
10. The Website including our Blog is intended to provide access to general legal information not legal or professional advice.
11. The law differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and similar laws can be interpreted differently on a case to case basis by different Courts. As such, no general information of the kind provided on the Website will be suitable for every circumstance. We recommend a lawyer in your jurisdictional area is contacted if you require any form of legal advice.
12. The information on the Website is provided without any form of warranties, express or implied, of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose.
13. We do not warrant the Website (or information contained therein) is free from errors.
14. You are fully responsible for the information You enter into any available fields on our Website.
15. These Terms and Conditions will not be interpreted, construed or applied adversely to us by reason of their having been drafted by or on our behalf.