About Property and Legal
As our name suggests we undertake professional consulting services for both Property (acquisitions, tenure review and negotiation, project management and due diligence) and Legal (negotiations, drafting and advice) services in our key practice areas.
As Principal of Property and Legal, David Pyne brings 25+years experience as a property and commercial lawyer – gained in top tier firms; as a Partner of a national firm; as Legal Counsel of an international telecommunications company; and in boutique property and retirement village practices.
Now leading Property and Legal, David brings his knowledge and experience to focus on those areas of law and business –
- which he does well
- which he enjoys and is passionate about, and
- which he is sought after as a recognised expert.
Highlights demonstrating our level of expertise include –
- Provided regulatory advice for Retirement Village scheme operators in Queensland and New South Wales and managed strategic acquisitions and disposals of villages.
- Project management of a freehold conversion (mixed use tourism development) which required multiple appeals to the Land Court and submissions to parliamentary enquiries, as well as navigating and mediating competing interests of 300+ represented stakeholders.
- Acted for all of Australia’s top telco operators from Austar to Hutchinson and Optus, Vodafone and Telstra on various projects including regulatory advice and tenure rollouts.
Property and Legal are supported by a team of handpicked professionals who have worked previously within the practice’s key focus areas. The team includes a combination of flexible and highly trained paralegals and senior legal consultants assigned to suit each project’s requirements. As a natural mentor and process-driven individual, David has assembled a confident team to deliver an efficient and expert client experience.
Our Referral Network
We only take on work which we do well. If it is outside our expertise or we cannot ensure the best outcome for our clients, we will refer you to our network of other specialised lawyers and professionals.